Fatkini or No?

GabiFresh has brought a lot of attention to the fatkini lately, and it's a welcome change! I feel like for so long the public opinion on the whole has been that bikinis are a thin person commodity, but the reality is that different bodies wear clothes differently. Does different mean any less attractive? Realistically it shouldn't. Some bikinis (and other items of clothing) that have been designed for plus-sized women would look awful on a lot of straight sized women, so why would we expect a woman with an ample bosom to feel comfortable in a string bikini top? That's what this trend comes down to honestly, comfort. By all means, if you do not feel comfortable exposing that much of your body in a bikini, then don't. Modesty is not a "fat person only" emotion.However, if you have the courage to feel confident in one of the most revolutionary modern swimwear designs available then do it! Why? Because if we desexualize our own bodies, media will continue to. Being plus doesn't make you less of a woman, so why should you hide your assets while others flaunt theirs? Personally, I wear a swimdress (which I recently noticed is much longer now that I'm not pregnant.)


I purchased it at walmart, when I was in a much lower place with my self-esteem. I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon, due to lack of cash, but when I do replace it, I believe I will be making the move to a "fatkini". I love my curves, and so does my husband, and those are really the only two opinions that matter. My final word: if a bikini, or slinky club dress, or tube top, or sheer blouse is what makes you feel sexy, then wear it! Confidence is the best accessory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment